Can kids become transgender ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephTheMainMan

Hello, there, people of the forum.

I am creating this thread to see the opinions and attitude of the other users here so I know a what type of community that this website is. I understand that this question is a huge topic to ask about, but I believe hearing your answers will give me what I need to understand your character.

MY OPINION

Firstly, I will grant my opinion.
Children cannot become transgender.
For the same reason that kids cannot have tattoos or drink.
It causes permanent damage that the child clearly doesn't understand.

THE STATISTICS

For those saying that the children were born in that way, let me refer you to the statistics. I did my research before coming here. If your child is born with gender dysphoria; the chance is 0.005% - 0.014% for males and 0.002% - 0.003% for females.

And with the current number of children and young teenagers coming out as trans does not match up with the numbers what so ever.

SO WHAT CAUSES IT?

I believe that parents and social media influence these young people to make them believe that something is wrong with their biology, and children have no reason not to trust their mothers or fathers about their health.

This causes the child to develop gender dysphoria caused by unnatural brainwashing and persuasion by the parent. I am sure by now that all of us have seen videos of parents showing off their transgender kids on TikTok

so what is your opinion ?
tell me below !

I am creating this thread to see the opinions and attitude of the other users here so I know a what type of community that this website is. I understand that this question is a huge topic to ask about, but I believe hearing your answers will give me what I need to understand your character.

MY OPINION

THE STATISTICS

For those saying that the children were born in that way, let me refer you to the statistics. I did my research before coming here. If your child is born with gender dysphoria; the chance is 0.005% - 0.014% for males and 0.002% - 0.003% for females.

And with the current number of children and young teenagers coming out as trans does not match up with the numbers what so ever.

SO WHAT CAUSES IT?

I believe that parents and social media influence these young people to make them believe that something is wrong with their biology, and children have no reason not to trust their mothers or fathers about their health.

This causes the child to develop gender dysphoria caused by unnatural brainwashing and persuasion by the parent. I am sure by now that all of us have seen videos of parents showing off their transgender kids on TikTok

tell me below !

I think the question as more- * should* kids be allowed become transgender.

For the reasons you listed I agree with you.-- its well known that the societies that promote trans or have higher social acceptance to it, have higher rates of it, societies with culturally negative views on trans have far few levels of trans including kids.

I saw a post in these forums, where a user said, that most kids at a certain age in school were questioning their gender.... utter poppycock. Kids never questioned their gender when I went to school. Sexuality-yes.

I saw a video,of a trans activist, yelling at a working guy *WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THIS CHILD CANT CHANGE GENDERS* to which he replied

*Im her F*****ING FATHER* ' ------- society needs more of this to protect kids.

Dads know best. Kids cannot become transgender.

Uh,
f.png
that... Become? They are, whether they come out or not.

trans·gen·der
/ˌtranzˈjendər,ˌtran(t)sˈjendər/
adjective
denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity does not correspond with the sex registered for them at birth

I've seen a handful of debates pass through the forum surrounding transgender folks, but I agree wholeheartedly with @StubleU on this one... The question is not "can kids become transgender," as the title suggests, nor is it "should kids be allowed to become transgender," as @H.R. PufnStuf suggests. Someone is either cisgender or transgender, meaning their gender identity corresponds with their assigned sex at birth or it does not. One might question their gender identity, one might realize their gender identity, one might come out as their gender identity, one might start socially transitioning to match their gender identity, or one might start medically transitioning to match their gender identity, but I disagree that someone can become transgender.

its well known that the societies that promote trans or have higher social acceptance to it, have higher rates of it, societies with culturally negative views on trans have far few levels of trans including kids.
Regarding this comment, I don't disagree with you in statement, but I think you entirely missed the mark in understanding. If one belongs to a society that is largely homophobic, it's not far fetched to image there being lower rates of people coming out as homosexual. This isn't because there aren't homosexuals in that society, it's because of fear of persecution. The same logic applies to a transphobic society... Someone is much more inclined to repress their true self if it's going to compromise their safety.

its well known that the societies that promote trans or have higher social acceptance to it, have higher rates of it, societies with culturally negative views on trans have far few levels of trans including kids.

Regarding this comment, I don't disagree with you in statement, but I think you entirely missed the mark in understanding. If one belongs to a society that is largely homophobic, it's not far fetched to image there being lower rates of people coming out as homosexual. This isn't because there aren't homosexuals in that society, it's because of fear of persecution. The same logic applies to a transphobic society... Someone is much more inclined to repress their true self if it's going to compromise their safety.
That's literally it though, isn't it? It's not that there weren't any in north america until the last couple decades...it's that as a whole...north america has been homophobic and not a safe space for anyone queer. It's not that the media is pushing things on people...think of it the same way as left handed folks. We stopped correcting left handed people...so now there's more visibly left handed people. Let's also not discount the fact that "societies that promote trans" are literally thousands of years old...so... @H.R. PufnStuf rhetoric can go
f.png
itself

That's literally it though, isn't it? It's not that there weren't any in north america until the last couple decades...it's that as a whole...north america has been homophobic and not a safe space for anyone queer. It's not that the media is pushing things on people...think of it the same way as left handed folks. We stopped correcting left handed people...so now there's more visibly left handed people. Let's also not discount the fact that "societies that promote trans" are literally thousands of years old...so... @H.R. PufnStuf rhetoric can go
f.png
itself
Why post a question, then when a person bothers to reply in a fairly reasonable manner, then tell them
" go **** yourself " !!
Not exactly debating the subject is it.

People should be allowed to grow in a safe environment at their own pace in their own time...both kids and adults equally need space to grow, they don't just 'become' or 'choose' their gender identity or sexuality.

Just because people have different opinions/ideas/beliefs or are offended doesn't make them right.

Nobody has shown me any facts, other than presented 'facts' (pronounced fallacy), from the worlds most successful novel and the likes, that Gender Dysphoria is/isn't a thing....but I have no reason to disbelieve, and no reason to reject a person that claims to be gender dysphoric...in fact I would and I have in the past sat down with those that claim to be gender dysphoric and I have enormous empathy for them for what they have to deal with. I have seen enough to know Gender Dysphoria is REAL to them, and ultimately that is all that matters.

uneducated and undereducated people like @H.R. PufnStuf making comment on something above their brain capacity also creates a whole other issue with acceptance, empathy and embracing what is not understood by those that are not on that journey.

I think the question as more- * should* kids be allowed become transgender.

For the reasons you listed I agree with you.-- its well known that the societies that promote trans or have higher social acceptance to it, have higher rates of it, societies with culturally negative views on trans have far few levels of trans including kids.

I saw a post in these forums, where a user said, that most kids at a certain age in school were questioning their gender.... utter poppycock. Kids never questioned their gender when I went to school. Sexuality-yes.

I saw a video,of a trans activist, yelling at a working guy *WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THIS CHILD CANT CHANGE GENDERS* to which he replied

*Im her F*****ING FATHER* ' ------- society needs more of this to protect kids.

Dads know best. Kids cannot become transgender.

@DarthErica see? He went full mask off. What is wrong with this dude?

Back to the topic. Ok dude, thanks for proving what I said was true. You're transphobic. A normal person would either educate themselves on the topic or ask a trans person themselves. Kids need permission to embrace how they were born? Do you realize how f*cking insane you sound?

You're using the same logic homophobes use where they claim certain things turn kids gay (Canadian water turning the moose gay, etc). You're born with it just like I was born with A.D.D. and type 2 bi polar.

So you saw a video of a sh*tty father (probably on a hateful Rigjt Wing site because youre not a liberal like you claim) deciding what they want their kid should feel and be because they're garbage parents instead of being supportive ones? Parents like that are the major contribution to trans suicides and were responsible for many homosexuals commuting suicide. Thank GOD you have no kids and never will. We see how you do a lousy job of protecting the kids in your room. and cut the crap with "back in my day" back in your day if you weren't heterosexual you were beaten, targeted or killed. People who use this line are usually very hateful people who fit the mold of Archie Bunker.

Countries that are anti trans don't have less trans people you dumbass. They exist, they're just not open about it because it's punishable by death. You think there aren't gay people in Gaza ffs? The reason idiots think it's on the rise is because they feel comfortable with coming out and being happy with themselves. The same was said by homphobes when homosexuals were given rights, "it's so fashionable to be gay now" as if someone would choose to take a path that possibly leads them to being harmed just because of their sexuality.

7d0fedd195230dc8dbbe6bd9609ea942

Uh,
f.png
that... Become? They are, whether they come out or not.

There is no Trans Gene.

Which means from my basic understanding, *becoming trans* is behavioural. Even if that one day is found to be false, its still doesnt justify allowing children to irreversibly alter the bodies .

MY OPINION

THE STATISTICS

SO WHAT CAUSES IT?

tell me below !
My opinion is you’re probably Bread. If you’re not Bread, go to G00le (since the search feature is broken here) and search this site for “Bread trans” and you’ll see the topic has been done to the death, usually with Bread’s Father becoming involved

Countries that are anti trans don't have less trans people you dumbass. They exist, they're just not open about it because it's punishable by death. You think there aren't gay people in Gaza ffs? The reason idiots think it's on the rise is because they feel comfortable with coming out and being happy with themselves. The same was said by homphobes when homosexuals were given rights, "it's so fashionable to be gay now" as if someone would choose to take a path that possibly leads them to being harmed just because of their sexuality.

7d0fedd195230dc8dbbe6bd9609ea942
if they keep it hidden how do you know they exist.

Sounds famimilar to the ulta right tough- on- crime- crew- who tried to justify imposing massive draconian punishments, because *unreported crime* was on the rise.

-source CBC news Stockwell Day re unreported crime rising

Last edited:
There is no Trans Gene.

Which means from my basic understanding, *becoming trans* is behavioural. Even if that one day is found to be false, its still doesnt justify allowing children to irreversibly alter the bodies .
There is no understanding, you're just being ignorant. Kids can't alter their body, they take hormone blockers that can be reversed. Bottom surgery is only 18+. Telling a kid what they feel is fake and mental, will make them think less of themselves and question reality. For someone who claims to have worked with trouble youth, I'm shocked. You have no empathy whatsoever.

There is no understanding, you're just being ignorant. Kids can't alter their body, they take hormone blockers that can be reversed. Bottom surgery is only 18+. Telling a kid what they feel is fake and mental, will make them think less of themselves and question reality. For someone who claims to have worked with trouble youth, I'm shocked. You have no empathy whatsoever.
The USA isnt the whole world btw.

Its done in Canada, but rare. Here is a trans youth saying not allowing easy access to gender affirming care is endangering youth: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/gender-affirming-care-canada-1.6967503

According to the WPATH standards of care, medical gender-affirming care isn't recommended before puberty. They also state that parents should be involved in decisions to move ahead with treatments,

Canadian Political leader on whether he would support a ban on surgery on minors https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poilievre-conservative-party-transgender-1.6964618

Last edited:
There is no Trans Gene.

This is not a debate regarding youth medically transitioning or altering their bodies in any way. The topic is "can kids become transgender."

Status
Not open for further replies.