Can kids become transgender ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The USA isnt the whole world btw.

Its done in Canada, but rare. Here is a trans youth saying not allowing easy access to gender affirming care is endangering youth: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/gender-affirming-care-canada-1.6967503
You're taking one case and applying it to all. Not all trans people experience dysphoria. Trans people existed before the birth of Christ and are well documented in Greece as well as in Hindu mymythology. This isnt an opinion, theres zero proof that trans is a behavioral issue and that's pretty wild you're putting it in the same category as something I myself have which untreated in many, becomes a behavioral issue.

Try to have some compassion, especially for trans kids who are already at odds with society because of people like you who fear what you dony understand.

This is not a debate regarding youth medically transitioning or altering their bodies in any way. The topic is "can kids become transgender."
how does a kid *become* transgender without this:
  • Social and psychological care, such as assistance with coming out to family, changing one's name or even changing appearances through clothing and haircuts.
  • Medical care through steps such as puberty blockers and gender affirming hormones.
  • Surgical care, which can include steps like top and bottom surgery.

Last edited:
exactly how does a kid *become* transgender without this:
  • Social and psychological care, such as assistance with coming out to family, changing one's name or even changing appearances through clothing and haircuts.
  • Medical care through steps such as puberty blockers and gender affirming hormones.
You're not getting it. They don't become, they are. Like dude...lol what's going on with you?

When did you become Caucasian? See how stupid it sounds?

I think the answer to that is probably the same as going into a room of 10 people and knowing that 2-3 are likely to be left-handed without declaring which hand they write with.
ok fair enough.

but to me It seems is more we think its likely 2or 3 are left handed, but someone comes along and says no it way higher lefties they just wont say so.

exactly how does a kid *become* transgender without this:
Again, as nearly everyone else has said in this thread, one does not become transgender. What you're describing are various levels of transitioning. Transgender is an adjective, transition is a verb. I'll refer you to my prior post:
trans·gen·der
/ˌtranzˈjendər,ˌtran(t)sˈjendər/
adjective
denoting or relating to a person whose gender identity does not correspond with the sex registered for them at birth

The question is not "can kids become transgender," as the title suggests, nor is it "should kids be allowed to become transgender," as @H.R. PufnStuf suggests. Someone is either cisgender or transgender, meaning their gender identity corresponds with their assigned sex at birth or it does not. One might question their gender identity, one might realize their gender identity, one might come out as their gender identity, one might start socially transitioning to match their gender identity, or one might start medically transitioning to match their gender identity, but I disagree that someone can become transgender.

You're not getting it. They don't become, they are. Like dude...lol what's going on with you?

When did you become Caucasian? See how stupid it sounds?
I didnt create the topic, im replying to it. You might want to read the title and OP.

Again, as nearly everyone else has said in this thread, one does not become transgender. What you're describing are various levels of transitioning. Transgender is an adjective, transition is a verb. I'll refer you to my prior post:

clearly though thats not what OP meant when read in context.

You saying children are trans, simply because because they say there are. oK.

If kids cannot have tattoos and cannot be transgender, are you implying that magically on the day of their 18th/21st (whatever is the legal age in your country) they instantly can be transgender because they can now get tattoos?

I don’t agree with trans that’s a given. But that’s ridiculous.

ok fair enough.

but to me It seems is more we think its likely 2or 3 are left handed, but someone comes along and says no it way higher lefties they just wont say so.
I get how that can be the perception and I won’t deny I’ve thought that myself in the past but I try to draw on my own experiences to look for similarities.

When I was at school there was one openly gay kid in the whole school. Nowadays you see them all walking to school holding hands etc.

Not that sexuality is the same as gender but I’m using that as an example to show how societal changes and acceptance mean that people feel more inclined to be open about themselves.

If a parent or anyone else somehow forces their child to change gender (and I’m yet to see any credible sources saying this is a real issue) then that’s child abuse and should be dealt with accordingly.

If kids cannot have tattoos and cannot be transgender, are you implying that magically on the day of their 18th/21st (whatever is the legal age in your country) they instantly can be transgender because they can now get tattoos?

I don’t agree with trans that’s a given. But that’s ridiculous.

No im not.

clearly though thats not what OP meant when read in context.

You saying children are trans, simply because because they say there are. oK.
I'm saying that the individual gets to determine their own identity, and part of that identity is their gender identity. If someone identifies with a gender identity that does not correspond with their assigned sex at birth, then they are transgender. If someone identifies with a gender identity that corresponds with their assigned sex at birth, then they are cisgender. The idea of me dictating your identity seems a bit wrong, no?

I get how that can be the perception and I won’t deny I’ve thought that myself in the past but I try to draw on my own experiences to look for similarities.

When I was at school there was one openly gay kid in the whole school. Nowadays you see them all walking to school holding hands etc.

Not that sexuality is the same as gender but I’m using that as an example to show how societal changes and acceptance mean that people feel more inclined to be open about themselves.

If a parent or anyone else somehow forces their child to change gender (and I’m yet to see any credible sources saying this is a real issue) then that’s child abuse and should be dealt with accordingly.
The only gay kid in my high school got bullied, had rumors made about him that he had AIDS, was beat up and eventually added to move after getting his jaw broken on the bus. He was one of the last people to get on the bus, front seats were taken, he went to the emergency exit and a jock stood up told him to turn around and fo back. He sat down and the kid rocked him. He was knocked out cold and his friends found it hilarious.

This is what trans kids deal with but even worse than what homosexuals did because of social media where people now doxx trans kids or people to encourage violence.

I'm saying that the individual gets to determine their own identity, and part of that identity is their gender identity. If someone identifies with a gender identity that does not correspond with their assigned sex at birth, then they are transgender. If someone identifies with a gender identity that corresponds with their assigned sex at birth, then they are cisgender. The idea of me dictating your identity seems a bit wrong, no?
If he's ever shaved, taken supplements, weight trained,used products to improve his image, he's already used gender affirming care just like trans people or people with pronouns. I highly doubt he's never been to the gym.

I wasn't comfortable with my body, so I started weight lifting at age 21 and never stopped. That's no different than this case.

This is what trans kids deal with but even worse than what homosexuals did because of social media where people now doxx trans kids or people to encourage violence
This is exactly what I mean. Trans people now are dealing with the same thing gay people were dealing with 30 years ago. Similar prejudices, similar views. similar questions being asked by people (including myself) who don’t really understand it because we’re the same gender that we outwardly appear to be.

I spoke with another user earlier regarding similar threads and its personal perception.

Ink posting only one openly gay student
Boba posting a gay student being bullied

I was quite fortunate I was never bullied for being gay. “picked on” , uh maybe mostly with the odd insults but they were never met with physical assaults - most I remained friends with into uni then ofc life goes on.

I think it’s the way it’s perceived onto people.

Edit picked on was by girls 🤣

I spoke with another user earlier regarding similar threads and its personal perception.

Ink posting only one openly gay student
Boba posting a gay student being bullied

I was quite fortunate I was never bullied for being gay. “picked on” , uh maybe mostly with the odd insults but they were never met with physical assaults - most I remained friends with into uni then ofc life goes on.

I think it’s the way it’s perceived onto people.

Edit picked on was by girls 🤣
I think that’s right

The openly gay kid would kick the **** out of anyone that insulted him. We had one who wasn’t open but definitely was gay and he killed himself because of the bullying he got

This is exactly what I mean. Trans people now are dealing with the same thing gay people were dealing with 30 years ago. Similar prejudices, similar views. similar questions being asked by people (including myself) who don’t really understand it because we’re the same gender that we outwardly appear to be.
I read up on it and a lot of my followers on X are LGBTQ/trans who post about their struggles or share the harassment on there. I spoke to my uncle today about this, like...why can't people just focus on their life instead of telling others how to live theirs? It's very negative energy to have and toxic. Why grief someone just because you don't understand them? If you're (not you) confused, fine but don't make your own conclusions because of some video you watched or by applying out dated talking points.

@DarthErica is a hero to me be a they're open about this and from what I gather, they have a lot of patience and are willing to explain how they feel as long as you're respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.