• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amandalorian

Silver Member
Simple yes or no question, stemmed from another thread discussion on this topic. Specifically wondering about race at this time. All replies will be confidential.

Definitions below, for clarity:

Race:
  • American Indian or Alaska Native
  • Asian
  • Black or African American
  • Hispanic or Latino
  • Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
  • White (Caucasian)
Nationality:

A person's nationality is where they are a legal citizen, usually in the country where they were born. People from Mexico have Mexican nationality, and people from Australia have Australian nationality. Some people are born one place and have dual citizenship, thus identifying as more than one nationality.

no.

asian race but australian / vietnamese / chinese nationalaity but only australia citizenship. my mother is dual citizen but i cant be cos to be vietnamese or chinese citizen u gotta be born there or u gotta renounce all other citizenships to become a citizen if not born there.

no.

asian race but australian / vietnamese / chinese nationalaity but only australia citizenship. my mother is dual citizen but i cant be cos to be vietnamese or chinese citizen u gotta be born there or u gotta renounce all other citizenships to become a citizen if not born there.
Thanks for taking the time to participate!

As the votes show, many are of multiple races and choose to identify with that.

An example is, while I'm half Irish, I pretty much only identify with my other half which is Italian because that's what I was raised with. While it's still white, it's still an example of how someone identifies themselves. If a child from an interracial marriage identifies more with whatever race they not only feel closer to or look like they represent, that's what they choose.

I'm half european settler in canada and half spanish/polish settler in chile. growing up i went to a lot of chilean events. Edmonton was one of three cities that were assigned for chilean refugees when pinochet's cia backed coup forced a lot of people to flee the country, so there's a big chilean community here. even then, though, i was always still the canadian kid. Now days i don't identify with it much unless i'm with family but still do to a small extent

I’m a Newfoundlander (Irish Canadian) which also has strong Portuguese decent. So I don’t identity as anything but a Newfie to anyone who knows me.

I have aquired British citizenship too and adopted their way of speaking just to throw everyone else off the scent 😂

I mean, maybe I'm a ghost vampire hybrid, because I suck the fun and life out of everything.

Not one of you better make a ho-like joke :rolleyes:😂
You knew this was coming, didn’t you?

You’ve had a lot of practice sucking the life fluid out of people

Si .. Afro-Cuban Y Jewish American

You Can Call Me A Jewban ... No Problema

Oye .. And No My Dad Is Not A Conga Drum Playing Band Leader And My Mom Is Not A Crazy Redhead From New Yawk

And Dahling ... Try The Pastelitos De Guava Y Queso Y Cafe Con Leche ....

Oy Vey .. God Forbid That You Should Never Try It .. "It's To Die For Dahling ... Eat ! Eat ! You're Thin ! ... :cool:

Cuban Flag Cuba GIF by Luis Ricardo
Israel Flag GIF by IsraelCC
Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS