Petition to add T to the LGB in this forum header.

Is the LGB in this forum missing a T?

• Yes

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
And you are selectively reading. I make a lot of threads but you only seem to tell me I'm making LGBT threads.
Nice edit there. You do make a hell of a lot of threads about gay and trans people. That’s a fact.

Even when you don’t make a thread you throw in some gay or trans thing to another topic. That’s a fact.

i call that mental illness, & that illness being gender dysmorphia...

at the very least it's if it's not a mental illness, it's a genetic one bc humans are entirely alone with this entirely theoretical genetic occurrence u mentioned, frankly u make it sound more like a mutation of the brain than u do something normal... i'm just saying, thats the interpretation i get from all this... don't get offended...

like, autism is technically natural; bc it does occur naturally but only in humans & u wouldnt say that is a good thing to has occur, would u? autism isn't a bad thing, having an autistic child isn't a bad thing, gender dysmorphia doesn't has to be stigmatized like autism shouldnt be stigmatized... but it's not good either... still an illness...

🌈 homosexuality however, exists across the animal kingdom & there is conclusive irrefutable data that isn't just theory proving that...

not natural if it only exists in people, & isn't a normal occurrence in people albeit rare, but definitelys nonexistent within the rest of the fellow mammals... abnormal, hence illness...

just call it for wat it is 🤷🏼‍♀️

The gender dysmorphia/dysphoria is considered a mental illness yes... but the gender nonconformity itself isn't classified as one. And not every person who is trans will experience the dysphoria or dysmorphia, so... yes and no?

I'm apt to just make it all Queer but that would be reclaiming a slur and a lot get hung up about. Maybe call all of it "The Molly House"? There's a nice ring to it.

I'm apt to just make it all Queer but that would be reclaiming a slur and a lot get hung up about. Maybe call all of it "The Dandy House"? There's a nice ring to it.
The Queer question came up yesterday I think. I don't mind that word but it makes me cringe a bit. Idk why, it's just one of those words, a bit like people who don't like the word "moist" I guess.

Being anything other than heterosexual cisgender was and sometimes still is considered as a mental illness hence why "conversion therapies" still exist
Conversion therapy is not allowed in the US as far as the governing boards of counselors and therapists. Now some "religious" therapists who are not licensed still do that. But it is discouraged. A licensed therapist would not use that type of therapy.

The Queer question came up yesterday I think. I don't mind that word but it makes me cringe a bit. Idk why, it's just one of those words, a bit like people who don't like the word "moist" I guess.
Well I mean I don't want to downplay how mixed feelings about reclaiming it come up especially for rural Americans where the slur is more used and associated with violent gay bashing.

But I guess for me, insulting with queer is as removed from me as calling me a poof.
_

Also, conversion therapy varies state by state where in some states it's banned out right as a practice and in some states it's protected with "religious freedom."

Last edited:
To stereotype it as being mentally unwell is beyond me, because let’s say someone has dysmorphia or whatever, and then they get into the body they feel comfortable in: are trans people then not mentally unwell because they’re not subjected to dysmorphia? They’re actually happy? And mentally happy with who they are then?

yes theyre still mentally ill,

what will happen is they’ll achieve a level of temporary happiness until they start aging, & begin to experience the aging process based on the chromosomes they were born with… all the hormones & surgeries in the world isnt changing ur genetic properies…

if u were born a man, u will age like a man… no matter how much u believe otherwise, chromosomes dont lie

just like a person with borderline personality disorder, u can be treated all u want & be chemically happy, but u still has a mental illness & personality disorder… that will never go away…

treatment doesnt = cure

what will happen is they’ll achieve a level of temporary happiness until they start aging, & begin to experience the aging process based on the chromosomes they were born with… all the hormones & surgeries in the world isnt changing ur genetic properies…

if u were born a man, u will age like a man… no matter how much u believe otherwise, chromosomes dont lie

just like a person with borderline personality disorder, u can be treated all u want & be chemically happy, but u still has a mental illness & personality disorder… that will never go away…

treatment doesnt = cure
Actually how aging is carried out is heavily related to endocrinology which is why a lot of treatments for male pattern baldness relates to blocking androgen and transwomen have been known to regrow hairlines. Also why menopausal women are often given biosynthetic estradiol to curve symptoms, and some men are given a testosterone boost.

Like yeah, one has to live with externally taking hormones, but some people need glasses to see. Nature sucks and needs technological augmentation sometimes, I'm not hung up about that anymore. I'm happy to live past 30, thank you.

Queer means odd. I don’t understand why those who identify as that choose to do so when they argue it’s normal when the word literally means odd? Again, subjective.

But just because something relates to you doesn’t mean it belongs with the gays. If anything, queer is used as a slur by the heterosexual “norm”, shall we say.

Join them and piss them off. Straight/‘Normal’ and Queer/Odd are opposite ends of the scale. Get more bang for your buck. Like chalk and cheese but in identity terms.

Queer means odd. I don’t understand why those who identify as that choose to do so when they argue it’s normal when the word literally means odd? Again, subjective.

But just because something relates to you doesn’t mean it belongs with the gays. If anything, queer is used as a slur by the heterosexual “norm”, shall we say.

Join them and piss them off. Straight/‘Normal’ and Queer/Odd are opposite ends of the scale. Get more bang for your buck. Like chalk and cheese but in identity terms.
Personally I don't necessarily care about being folded into what's normal and seeking visibility. There's plenty examples of collective irrationality and death cults with a drive for sociality. Simultaneously being contrarian is not a good default. But I'm not gonna live like a "pick-me"

And quite rightly so. Yet some think it’s perfectly normal to thrust one’s beliefs/issues onto others because they feel it should be accepted. These people go about it the wrong way.
But when they start threatening the safety of others because it aligns to their agenda, then no.

treatment doesnt = cure
okay but like imagine this: you’re saying it’s not natural and stuff, but you don’t mind people having tattoos, getting piercings, dying hair, none of this is natural but it’s things people do because they’re not really happy with their appearance AND choose to do them. People get boob jobs, nose reductions, weight loss surgeries and so forth.

I don’t think one person on this thread can actually say they’ve been “natural” all their lives.

Alright, your aging one:

When you get older, you get menopause, you take medication for this, you get other health issues, you get medication for that. If we’re going by natural of the body, people shouldn’t receive treatment for anything. Because that’s nature. It’s wrong of us to be cured of any health issue.

Well I mean I don't want to downplay how mixed feelings about reclaiming it come up especially for rural Americans where the slur is more used and associated with violent gay bashing.

But I guess for me, insulting with queer is as removed from me as calling me a poof.
_

Also, conversion therapy varies state by state where in some states it's banned out right as a practice and in some states it's protected with "religious freedom."
Where as Conversion therapy laws vary by state by state, regulating bodies prohibit licensed therapist or counselors from doing conversation therapy for good reason. I mean dude yes there are some "so called religious counselors who may choose to do that however no insurance provider especially Medicaid and Medicare and probably most of them BC BS, etc would not pay for that.
This is just an example of the right wing nut jobs trying to force their views on anyone else. Conversion therapy is not done by licensed and or ethical mental health professionals.

What concerns me is that grouping everyone together that isn’t a straight cis gender person emboldens the divide and actually highlights differences

^ a much more astute and expanded reason why I said the S is missing.

https://forum.chat-avenue.com/threa...-this-forum-header.945970/page-4#post-1200744 If anyone wants to be under an alphabet umbrella. hey fill your boots. Ill just remain part of a group known as the general population, who's members ( im sorry to inform, )have been persecuted cruelly and widespread, long before the LGTBQ movement was created.

The general population has room for everyone, (and imo people can be who they want- if there is no victim there is no crime)

Last edited: