What Are You Currently Reading?

Louize

Gold Member
Hit me with your current reads!

I might be aiming too high here thinking more than about 5 of us know what a book is πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‡

I'll start: Liane Moriarty - Apples Never Fall
81DJaCr88tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hit me with your current reads!

I might be aiming too high here thinking more than about 5 of us know what a book is πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‡

I'll start: Liane Moriarty - Apples Never Fall
81DJaCr88tL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
She has rarely written a bad story, I used to read her more often when I had gotten back into reading as an adult.

I LOVE Pepper Winters for a bit of trashy smut! Haven't read this one yet! Any good?

Also, reading Mike Tysons Biography for when I feel like something different to fiction!
I am a huge pepper fan she’s a top favorite, this is absolutely phenomenal. Did you ever read the ribbon series by her? My favorite trashy one was her indebted series, that series had me questioning my morals πŸ˜‚

I always have a few books going at once myself, Current reads are also House of Morgan about the American banking dynasty by Ron Chernow and The rise and fall of the third reich by William Shirer. I very much tend to be a mood reader.

I am always reading far too many books, but I'll give you the top 5 of current reads (all in Dutch translations):

1) Heike Monogatori -unknown writer. Also known as the Tale of the Heike.
2) Dream of the Red Chamber - Cao Xueqin. Also known as The Story of the Stone.
3) The God is not Willing - Steven Erikson. The first Tale of Witness, set in the world of the Malazan Book of the Fallen.
4) The City of Brass - S.A. Chakraborty
5) Volver la vista atras - Juan Gabriel Vasquez. English title: Retrospective

But there's a few dozen more that I am more or less reading. One book is never enough.

I am always reading far too many books, but I'll give you the top 5 of current reads (all in Dutch translations):

1) Heike Monogatori -unknown writer. Also known as the Tale of the Heike.
2) Dream of the Red Chamber - Cao Xueqin. Also known as The Story of the Stone.
3) The God is not Willing - Steven Erikson. The first Tale of Witness, set in the world of the Malazan Book of the Fallen.
4) The City of Brass - S.A. Chakraborty
5) Volver la vista atras - Juan Gabriel Vasquez. English title: Retrospective

But there's a few dozen more that I am more or less reading. One book is never enough.
Reading is life tbh. Last year i read a little over 300 books, it’s nice to escape in a different world and by the end of a story feel such a really connection to the characters. Sometimes it’s hard to say goodbye lol

Reading is life tbh. Last year i read a little over 300 books, it’s nice to escape in a different world and by the end of a story feel such a really connection to the characters. Sometimes it’s hard to say goodbye lol

Sometimes it's being said I could read before I could walk. And although that is far exaggarating things, up to when I was about 20 or so, a picture of me without a book in my hands was non-existent. I collect books as well as read them. I have nearly 3,000 now, in a small attic appartment with slanted roofs. So not a library possible. Oh well.

I’m currently reading a story about a community that has been uprooted by a catastrophic disaster. It has true life commentary from some of the residents about how hard their life has become since the disaster. Oh, wait, it’s only forums I’m reading.
Daddddd go away you’re being embarrassing again sheesh.