PRIDE in sexuality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debate topic is "pride in sexuality" could we please not stray into arguing over issues re Trans

Someone made a comment that gays were given special treatment in court. This video may be an example of that.
Background. Street Preachers in Vancouver west end doing open air re hellfire and annoying local population. 6'-7" gay man and crowd confronts preachers. Melee ensues. 6-7 falls down and breaks leg. Preachers charged with a series of very serious criminal charges- including aggravated assault . Most witness accounts say no blows struck, and 6-7 tried to grab preacher mic which was the wrestling match.

The characterization by police- before charges about the preachers and even before even a hearing of the incident is startling.

Imagine a reversal of roles here- 2 gays demonstrating near a church, parishoners confront them, try to grab the mic and a preacher falls down breaks his leg. Gays charged, disparaged in the press pre hearing.
These people, (much like emily and ink) think because someone disagrees with their views they have the right to demonize them.
Just like Tall Man stated here:
1. The right to impose their views/ ideology onto others 2. People being punished, vilified, demonized, called names transphobes, bigots, 'hateful ' etc if we disagree 3.
The police was calling this vancouver incident a potential hate crime? Because of the fact the person injured was GAY?
Sounds a lot like when certain people feel like they can do anything they want and then pull out the "race card" and call it discrimination.
Dont know what vancouver laws are since i dont live there but here that is considered battery/assault.

It reminds me of this video where the preacher is preaching about abortion and a woman tries to steal his mic. He politely asked multiple times to have it back. Then the police officer asks multitple times. Thank goodness the police in this incident actually responded accordingly.

These type people feel they are so entitled to do whatever they want. Thats why nobody likes them. They are only fueling their own division. If only they didnt have so much PRIDE.
Thank goodness i live in a FREE country.

or this video where another "college professor" wields a machete at a reporters neck. These criticical race, SJW, women studies, gender bender activists are the people who are destroying our future. Theyre just a bunch of societal rejects who cant respect themselves or others.

Last edited:
I'm not getting drawn in. Have a dig through the various "debate" threads you've started. It's all there for anyone to see.

You won't of course...
You arent going to reference anything where you are rationally debating me with facts because you never have.

Its IRONIC you are liking posts of someone saying "listing talking points and calling them facts isnt debating" but its exactly what you are doing by not referencing facts when asked to do so.
7yfVjXY.png

And you call yourself a well articulated great debater.

Yeah you are some A tier debater by posting an opinion, calling it "fact" and when someone tells you post a source your response is "go look for it, its there"

Debate topic is "pride in sexuality" could we please not stray into arguing over issues re Trans

Someone made a comment that gays were given special treatment in court. This video may be an example of that.
Let's add some context to this:

"Two preachers were blasting anti-gay rhetoric in the rainbow-festooned Davie Street village, the historical enclave of Vancouver's gay community."

^^ That goes to intent, just like it should here on Forums (see below)*

The characterization by police- before charges about the preachers and even before even a hearing of the incident is startling.
If that's startling, how would you characterise those people?

Background. Street Preachers in Vancouver west end doing open air re hellfire and annoying local population. 6'-7" gay man and crowd confronts preachers. Melee ensues. 6-7 falls down and breaks leg. Preachers charged with a series of very serious criminal charges- including aggravated assault . Most witness accounts say no blows struck, and 6-7 tried to grab preacher mic which was the wrestling match.
You've outlined there what you believe happened. I can't see that there was any footage of the assault. The 6-7 as you refer to him, said this:

“It’s no surprise that that’s where they’re setting up to do that,” Morissette said of the location the group set up in. The West End is home to Vancouver’s LGBTQ neighbourhood.

“It happened to be me who stepped up and said, ‘You are not welcome in this community to be saying these things. Pack your things and go somewhere else,'” Morissette recalled of the confrontation. “They refused to do that. I asked them if they were going to stay if they would at least turn the volume down because I really can not stress enough how obscenely loud these speakers are. You can hear them for blocks, and blocks, and blocks.”

Morissette said he grabbed the microphone and refused to give it back. It was following this that he said a man “wrenched my leg against his until my tibia and fibula snapped, broke and my knee dislocated.""

Imagine a reversal of roles here- 2 gays demonstrating near a church, parishoners confront them, try to grab the mic and a preacher falls down breaks his leg. Gays charged, disparaged in the press pre hearing.
You're getting it all twisted. If the person really "fell down and broke his leg" then that's different but you seem to have made that assumption here rather than it being a reflection of the facts.

If you gave an accurate comparator, such as: "Imagine a reversal of roles here- 2 gays demonstrating near a church shouting anti-Christian rhetoric, parishoners confront them, try to grab the mic and the demonstrator wrenched their leg against the parishioner until their tibia and fibula snapped, broke and their knee dislocated. Gays charged, disparaged in the press pre hearing."

Then I'd say that the "gays" deserve to have the book thrown at them. Oddly enough though, it's not that often that the police (at least here) ask what the sexuality of an offender is. The only people that brought sexuality into that event were the preachers and I can't see anywhere that they are being treated more harshly because the victim is gay.

it relates to topic as actions by 6'-7 " could seen as toxic pride in sexuality/ and or state action could bee seen as improper expressions of pride.
How on Earth could it possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be seen as that!?

I've looked at the background of these preachers and they're a bunch of hate-filled Westboro Baptist Church wannabes. The guy just wanted them to stop. How is that "toxic pride in sexuality" or "state action that could be seen as improper expression of pride"?

---
*Frankly your whole post - and that story - is a good example of what's happening here on forums.

We have the anti-various rhetoric spouted by the disgusting OP of this thread, and the likes of Tall Man (although he's not at the level of the OP) who can be seen as the preachers, and it's allowed to continue even though every single person on Forums knows exactly what their intent is. (Just like everyone on the street in that area in Vancouver knew what the intent of the preachers was)

Even by creating this thread, the OP does not have any intention of having a debate and everyone knows it. He starts these things to spew his anti-gay/anti-trans BS.

My comments to people like the disgusting OP and Tall Man have become more critical and may well be seen as going too far, but that's what we seem to be forced to do here, just like the guy who grabbed the mic.

if anything countries round the world need a kick up the backside when it comes to equality. The sexuality isn’t the criminal the person is. If a man was guilty of r then life imprisonment. If a woman lied about such thing and was proven guilty, like the male, then life imprisonment.
Since topic is now going onto criminal justice systems.

Also if I had it my way it wouldn’t be life imprisonment that was imposed.

am I right in saying they were actually boyfriends? One of them proposed I think.

That’s acceptable to me. It’s minimalistic irrelevant that it was taken ant a pride event. And if it were a man or woman because inb4 Luka hates the str8s even though I have a girlfriend called jessica

am I right in saying they were actually boyfriends? One of them proposed I think.

That’s acceptable to me. It’s minimalistic irrelevant that it was taken ant a pride event. And if it were a man or woman because inb4 Luka hates the str8s even though I have a girlfriend called jessica
That's the one. The copper proposed to the one that looks like he failed an audition for an 80s music video

Well **** me with a rusty hatchet.
Sorry but it's not rusty

"Two preachers were blasting anti-gay rhetoric in the rainbow-festooned Davie Street village, the historical enclave of Vancouver's gay community."

What better place to preach than in a community of sinners.

You've outlined there what you believe happened. I can't see that there was any footage of the assault. The 6-7 as you refer to him, said this:

“It’s no surprise that that’s where they’re setting up to do that,” Morissette said of the location the group set up in. The West End is home to Vancouver’s LGBTQ neighbourhood.
Kind of weird how there is no footage of this so called "homophobic hate speech" either. Apparently saying you love god and that homosexuality is a sin is hate speech. That is a far cry from what he told reporters that he was using homophobic slurs.

“It happened to be me who stepped up and said, ‘You are not welcome in this community to be saying these things. Pack your things and go somewhere else,'” Morissette recalled of the confrontation. “They refused to do that. I asked them if they were going to stay if they would at least turn the volume down because I really can not stress enough how obscenely loud these speakers are. You can hear them for blocks, and blocks, and blocks.”

Morissette said he grabbed the microphone and refused to give it back. It was following this that he said a man “wrenched my leg against his until my tibia and fibula snapped, broke and my knee dislocated.""
LOL I fixed it for you.
Please note the the text bolded in BLUE.

These are all traits of someone who is confrontional, combative and doesnt respect other people.
A lot like the confrontational and combative people that shitpost in all my debate threads.
They seem to be forgetting that they are voluntarily doing this and no one is forcing them to do anything.

Sounds to me like Justin Morisette got what he was asking for LOL OWNED
Whoop Ass Reaction GIF
Cast Hydrocodone GIF by Cuco

I've looked at the background of these preachers and they're a bunch of hate-filled Westboro Baptist Church wannabes. The guy just wanted them to stop. How is that "toxic pride in sexuality" or "state action that could be seen as improper expression of pride"?

---
*Frankly your whole post - and that story - is a good example of what's happening here on forums.

We have the anti-various rhetoric spouted by the disgusting OP of this thread, and the likes of Tall Man (although he's not at the level of the OP) who can be seen as the preachers, and it's allowed to continue even though every single person on Forums knows exactly what their intent is. (Just like everyone on the street in that area in Vancouver knew what the intent of the preachers was)

Even by creating this thread, the OP does not have any intention of having a debate and everyone knows it. He starts these things to spew his anti-gay/anti-trans BS.

My comments to people like the disgusting OP and Tall Man have become more critical and may well be seen as going too far, but that's what we seem to be forced to do here, just like the guy who grabbed the mic.
Again no one is forcing you to do anything just like no one forced morisette to square up against the preacher with the power of GOD. Unlike morisette, you have an ignore button.
But you will CHOOSE to voluntarily engage with insults because of the vile hate in your heart.

The problem with people like ink is that they are so thin skinned and offended by anything that they put a "hate/misogynist/homophobe" label on anyone that doesnt agree with their opinions. This is what pride does.

Here the person that was arrested for "hate speech". Not the incident in @H.R. PufnStuf video but one of his other street preachings. I watched all 26 mins of it. The only people that can be seen here expressing HATE are all the LGBT bystanders screaming profanities at him. Despite having a small army of hateful people sorrounding him he stood with GOD.

And here is the innocent "unhateful" victim. Funny how he is entitled to offensive speech but not the other way around.
6psyz1c.png

Watch everyone ignore these FACTS LOL OWNED

Shark Tank Lol GIF by ABC Network

Imma be honest I skipped most of this.... but "being in a relationship with father" is not what I expected to see. Surely that's a poor phrasing of "they have a good relationship with their father"... right?

Imma be honest I skipped most of this.... but "being in a relationship with father" is not what I expected to see. Surely that's a poor phrasing of "they have a good relationship with their father"... right?
I was tricked also. Would you like a Mars bar for the sorcery?

Its just a bigot envious that he doesnt have a relationship with GOD

You're getting it all twisted. If the person really "fell down and broke his leg" then that's different but you seem to have made that assumption here rather than it being a reflection of the facts.

If you gave an accurate comparator, such as: "Imagine a reversal of roles here- 2 gays demonstrating near a church shouting anti-Christian rhetoric, parishoners confront them, try to grab the mic and the demonstrator wrenched their leg against the parishioner until their tibia and fibula snapped, broke and their knee dislocated. Gays charged, disparaged in the press pre hearing."

Then I'd say that the "gays" deserve to have the book thrown at them. Oddly enough though, it's not that often that the police (at least here) ask what the sexuality of an offender is. The only people that brought sexuality into that event were the preachers and I can't see anywhere that they are being treated more harshly because the victim is gay.

How on Earth could it possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be seen as that!?

---

what I found startling is that the police rendered a judgement on two accused before charges and before due process. My characterization is the preachers were engaging in constitutionally protected activity ( admittedly tp be provocative.) both officers are gay btw, recruited into VPD to be laison.

when the story was first published cbc reported various eyewitness accounts including the victim - most said 6-7 fell down during a wrestle over the mic he was grabbing. In fact footage to that effect eventually surfaced. My assumptions are based entirely on cbc reports etc as i wasnt personally there.

that's an assumption too-. no idea if they are westborough types. I agree the 6-7 wanted them to stop. His pride in sexuality lead him to confront someone ( motive) whos speech he didnt like- and provoke/or engage a melee, and he was injured as a result. He wasnt angry with the noise- he made the same assumption you did, and then tried to pull the plug. Im trying to find out if he went down for asggravated assault ( which would be astounding) my guess is the preacher was downgraded to common assault.

Your last point is interesting, Mr 6-7 is a tall man also, only different. I understand your(or GayCommunity frustration with these types of threads- my sole purpose was focus on a point that could be debated ( special treatment in law) instead of the trans issues or the inevitable personal attacks etc.

The debate topic is probably flawed imo, because with all due respect to the creator, "Pride in sexuality" is just a matter of opinion, in part that's why I suggested a well known incident for further comment- because TM posted it- not to take sides" Thank you for your views on it. Fun fact I know that hood very well I lived kitty corner and know Davie Street quite well- great food and interesting people.

Last edited:
that's an assumption of yours. no idea if they are westborough types. I agree the 6-7 wanted them to stop. His pride in sexuality lead him to confront someone whos speech he didnt like- and provoke a melee, and he was injured as a result. He wasdnt angry with the noise- he made the same assumption you did, and then tried to pull the plug
I didn’t make an assumption. I looked it up. That’s what they were doing. He didn’t make an assumption either - he heard it live. It’s also fairly well publicised what these people are all about.

It’s interesting that you see “6-7” as the provocateur here when the preachers were the provocateurs, which you acknowledged here:
My characterization is the preachers were engaging in constitutionally protected activity ( admittedly tp be provocative.

If I as a white person went to a majority black neighbourhood and started chanting racist crap, that would be provocative in the same way as these preachers were. I’d also expect to be approached by someone and told to stop.

His pride in sexuality lead him to confront someone whos speech he didnt like
That’s an assumption you’re making. I’d like to think that regardless of his sexuality, he was being a decent human being, trying to stop some hate-filled asswipes from spewing hate. I’m not black but I’d tell a group of racist thugs chanting racist crap to STFU. I’m not trans but I’d also tell trans-haters to STFU .

I didn’t make an assumption. I looked it up. That’s what they were doing. He didn’t make an assumption either - he heard it live. It’s also fairly well publicised what these people are all about.

It’s interesting that you see “6-7” as the provocateur here when the preachers were the provocateurs, which you acknowledged here:

If I as a white person went to a majority black neighbourhood and started chanting racist crap, that would be provocative in the same way as these preachers were. I’d also expect to be approached by someone and told to stop.

That’s an assumption you’re making. I’d like to think that regardless of his sexuality, he was being a decent human being, trying to stop some hate-filled asswipes from spewing hate. I’m not black but I’d tell a group of racist thugs chanting racist crap to STFU. I’m not trans but I’d also tell trans-haters to STFU .

its an assumption that street preachers are westborough types/ because that was never proven or alleged. anyone can watch them for themselves on you tube- exactly what they were saying and their style, the specific assumption is that any preacher who sees homosexuality- as a sin etc is a phelps type, maybe its not an assumption but it is a sterotype

I dont think hes the provocatueur in the sense you are saying it. He had every right to object or counter argue, Where 6-7 went wrong is using force to emphasize his objection. Im characterizing that as toxic pride only to fit debate topic. If wee are so pround of our sexuality it drives us to engage in mutual combat- its a problem is my thought.

I agree.

I’d like to think that regardless of his sexuality, he was being a decent human being, trying to stop some hate-filled asswipes from spewing hate

he may well be a decent human, but most decent people have shadows. On the "hate" part- i havent read the case in court to know what was deemed fact so I cant say. It could be that Mr 6-7 equated their "sermons" as homophobic- which these days is often interpreted as anything negative about gay/issues, which in turn is equated to hate, its quite circular reasoning.

I think whats been overlooked is this- even if the preachers are hate filled fanatics- it is extrodinairy for the cops to publically opine before a court hearing and disparge an accused, Its extrorinairy that a scuffle over a mic, is classed as aggravated assault- for something along the lines of being pushed. That seems to indicate a preferential treatment by the state/legal system/cops especially since the cops were gay-- based on the demograhic of the victim in this case a gay man.

The victim wasnt beaten, with the mic or anything ( thank god) he fell during a scuffle.

@Bread. im thinking this thread has run its course- do you agree?

edit: often* added in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.